"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Prayer is an important part of our life together as a church and we engage in it in a number of different ways:
- Services and meetings - prayer is a feature of all our services and meetings, however, when there are 5 Sundays in a month we hold a specific prayer service on the fifth Sunday.
- Leaders - the leaders meet weekly for prayer
- Prayer cells - there are a number of prayer cells, consisting of two or more people, who meet weekly for prayer
- Weekly prayer focus - everyone involved in the church is sent a weekly focus sheet to help direct their prayers. Each week these will relate to one of our three key purposes - Mission, Discipleship and Ministry
- Prayer "chain" - when we receive requests for prayer, these are circulated, with the permission of the subject, to most people involved in the life of the church, via email, text or phone call
- Monthly Prayer Update - this updates people on situations people and situations we have been praying for and continuing needs of individuals, as well as including prayers for our church, other ministries within the wider Baptist Union of Great Britain and our mission partners in India, Thailand and Chad.