"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Prayer is an important part of our life together as a church and we engage in it in a number of different ways:
- Services and meetings - prayer is a feature of all our services and meetings
- Leaders - the leaders meet weekly for prayer
- Prayer cells - there are a number of prayer cells, consisting of two or more people, who meet weekly for prayer
- Weekly prayer focus - everyone involved in the church is sent a weekly focus sheet to help direct their prayers. Each week these will relate to one of our three key purposes - Mission, Discipleship and Ministry
- Prayer "chain" - when we receive requests for prayer, these are circulated, with the permission of the subject, to most people involved in the life of the church, via email, text or phone call
- Monthly Prayer Update - this updates people on answered prayers and continuing needs of individuals they have been praying for, as well as including prayers for our church, other churches within the Northern Baptist Association (NBA) and our mission partners in India, Thailand and Chad.